It's Labor Day weekend, and although that's the signal that summer's ending, does it ever really end in Florida?! Anyways, it's still a reason to celebrate with friends, and eat good food. If you're going to a party or hosting your own, we came up with the EASIEST appetizer everyone will love. Seriously. It's 4 ingredients, and takes 20 minutes!
We took jalapeños and cut them in half and de-seeded them. Then we broiled them until they were tender and charred. Then comes the stuffing full of cream cheese, Pear Habanero jam and monterey jack cheese (with more for topping of course). Another trip into the broiler and you're done. Can we get an applause for the broiler?
Pear Habanero Poppers
- 7-10 jalapeños slice in half and deseeded
- 1/4 Cup Pear Habanero jam
- 4 oz cream cheese (half a block)
- 1/2 Cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Bacon bits (optional)
- Preheat broiler in your oven.
- Slice jalapeños and deseed them.
- Place them on a cookie sheet and broil them for about 6-10 minutes. Remove them after they are blistered and allow them to cool.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add cream cheese and cook for 1 minute. Stop in 1/4 cup of shredded sharp cheddar and Pear Habanero jam.
- Fill each jalapeño with cream cheese mixture.
- Top with extra shredded sharp cheddar.
- Broil in the for another 6 minutes or until cheese is melted and browned
- Top with bacon bits and serve. *optional*
- Add more Pear Habanero jam on the side for dipping. *optional*
- Enjoy & Happy Labor Day!