We're zero waste today on this week's #urbantips! One of our founder, Illene's biggest pet peeves is when broccoli stems get thrown away. Why? Because they're totally edible! There's not need to toss these when they make the best quick pickle. Tamari Ginger Broccoli Stems are savory and Asian inspired. They're your go-to fridge pickle for a snack, adding to your stir fry, putting in a poke bowl, or chopping up for your favorite salad. Who knew some crunchy broccoli stems could be so inspiring?
Tamari Ginger Broccoli Stems
- broccoli stems cut into spears (enough to fill a jar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup Tamari Soy sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
For each jar:
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 inch fresh chopped ginger
- 2 basil leaves
- Fill your jar with the ingredients above, and add the broccoli spears.
- In a pan, bring the water, soy sauce, and apple cider vinegar to a boil.
- Pour the boiling mixture into the jar, filling to the top.
- Lid your jar and let it completely cool.
- Once cool, place in the fridge and let cure for 2 weeks.