This week we are switching up Toast Tuesday a bit! Toast doesn't always have to be a breakfast dish! In this week's recipe we are highlighting flavors that are sure to please as an appetizer, snack or even a small plate dinner!
This recipe features our Chili Fennel Brussels Sprouts! They are pickled in a fennel, cumin and chili powder brine giving them a smokey, exotic flavor perfect for mediterranean inspired fair!
Baked Feta + Chili Fennel Brussels Sprouts
- 1 block of feta cheese
- 1/4 cup of mixed olives
- 1/4 cup of Chili Fennel Brussels Sprouts quartered
- Olive Oil (see recipe for amounts)
- Rosemary sprigs
- 1/2 a lemon
- A baguette
- Preheat oven on 350.
- Put feta in a small oven proof dish and top with about 1/4 cup of olive oil, olives and Chili Fennel Brussels Sprouts.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- While the feta is baking preheat your cast iron skillet on medium.
- Slice the baguette.
- After the skillet is heated up add 1/4 cup of olive oil, then fry the bread on both sides. This takes about 3-5 minutes per side. You could also just toast it in the oven or toaster! If you are going to fry each piece, you'll have to add 1/4 cup of olive oil to the pan in between each slice of baguette.
- Put toast aside.
- After the feta is done baking top with rosemary and fresh lemon juice. You can even add some chili flakes if you want!
- Serve on toasts!