There is nothing I love more than the combination of sweet and savory all wrapped up together in a dish that is texturally soft and crunchy all at the same time. This toast just does it for me! I have combined fried bread, that has a crunch like no other, soft goat cheese, decadent sweet Chai Red Grape jam, herbaceous thyme and topped if with some fresh grapes for contrast! It truly was such a delicious breakfast treat! Get the full recipe below!
To create 1 piece of toast you'll need:
- 1 slice of multi-grain wheat bread
- 2 Tb olive oil (unless you just want to toast your bread in an oven)
- 1 Tb goat cheese
- 1 Tb Chai Red Grape Jam
- 1 Ts fried pancetta
- Fresh Thyme
- A handful of fresh grapes
A cast iron skillet or a toaster
- Preheat your cast iron skillet on medium.
- After the skillet is heated up add olive oil, then fry the bread on both sides. This takes about 3-5 minutes per side. You could also just toast it in the oven or toaster!
- Put toast aside and then fry up pancetta in the skillet. I fry a whole pack of it and then use it through out the week.
- On your toast layer goat cheese, Chai Red Grape Jam, pancetta, thyme and fresh grapes cut in half length wise.