We are starting a new series in the test kitchen called Toast Tuesdays! Every Tuesday we'll post a new toast recipe, and we aren't just talking about toast with butter and jam, although that's good too, we are going to elevate toast and highlight as many different combinations as possible to brighten your mornings or get you excited to snack!
First up is this drool worthy recipe for Smoked Tomato Toast with Ricotta + Prosciutto, with a few other delicious add ons!
To create 1 piece of toast you'll need:
- 1 slice of sourdough bread
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 Tb ricotta cheese
- 1 Tb Smoked Paprika Tomato + Basil Jam
- 1 slice of Prosciutto
- 1/2 Tb chopped fresh basil
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- 3 cherry tomatoes
- 1 Ts of pine nuts
- A drizzle of honey
- A sprinkle of Florida Pure Sea Salt
- Chili flakes to taste
- A cast iron skillet
- Heat up your cast iron skillet on medium high.
- Chop cherry tomatoes in half and when the skillet is fully heated place them cut side down onto the skillet until they are fully blistered. Set aside.
- Now add 1/4 cup of olive oil to the pan.
- Fry both sides of the sourdough bread slice until toasted and brown. It takes me close to 5 minutes per side. (NOTE: If you are making more than 1 piece of toast you will need to keep adding 1/4 cup of olive oil in the pan before each slice of toast goes in)
- After the bread is fried smear the Smoked Paprika Tomato + Basil Jam all over it.
- Next smear the ricotta cheese on top of the jam and sprinkle with sea salt and basil.
- Add a slice of prosciutto to the top of the ricotta, then add the blistered tomatoes, pine nuts and the leaves from 1 sprig of thyme.
- Finally drizzle with honey and chili flakes.