I'd like to preface this by saying that I am not vegan, at all, however I am so obsessed with cheese that I've found there isn't any variety of cheese I don't like! This includes nut cheeses, when done right! My first nut cheese experience was at Love Food Central, (They use our jam on their "cheese" board). It was delicious and I found myself craving it! I can't go out to eat every day, nor do I want to, so I decided to try a few recipes on my own to see if I could come up with something equally delicious, but friendly to my budget. This recipe did the trick! But it won't stop me from treating myself to Love Food every now and again!
To create the Herbed Cashew Cheese with Strawberry Balsamic Jam you'll need:
- 1 Cup raw cashews
- 2 Tb nutritional yeast
- 2 Tb water
- 2 Tb lemon juice
- 1 Ts raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 Ts sea salt
- 1/2 Ts cracked pepper
- 1 Tb chopped chives
- 1 Tb fresh thyme leaves
- 1 Tb fresh chopped basil
- Strawberry Balsamic + Cracked Pepper Jam
- Soak the raw cashews in water over night.
- Drain the cashews and add them into a food processor with all the ingredients listed above EXCEPT the jam.
- Turn the food processor on and allow it to process for 4 minutes.
- Transfer mixture into a square piece of cheese cloth and tie is closed with twine.
- Wrap the twine around a spoon and suspend the "cheese bag" in a bowl. Refrigerate over night.
- After refrigerated unwrap the cheese and serve!
- Refrigerate any left over cheese.
- We served ours with Strawberry Balsamic + Cracked Pepper Jam + your choice of crackers, toasts or plantain chips!