This is a recipe for a quick, easy, perfect little light summer pasta salad! It's a great side dish for your next BBQ, picnic or pot luck!
To create this pasta salad you need:
- 16 oz / 1 lb bag of Fusilli pasta
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 jar of Herbed Summer Squash
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of brine from the Herbed Summer Squash
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1 tb chopped garlic
- 1 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 1/2 ts salt
- Pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to the package, strain and add to a medium mixing bowl to cool.
- Trim asparagus and cut the bell peppers into spears. Drizzle both with some olive oil!
- On a grill or a cast iron grill cook both asparagus and bell pepper until just done! It took me about 10 / 15 minutes.
- Rough chop asparagus, bell pepper and half a jar of Herbed Summer Squash and add it all to the bowl of pasta.
- Rough chop basil.
- To the bowl also add chopped basil, garlic, parmesan cheese, the juice of the lemon, olive oil, brine, salt and pepper!
- Stir and let it marinate for 2-4 hours.
Put it in some recycled mason jars and it's perfect for a picnic!