To create the Vegan Thumbprint Cookies you need:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of vegan buttery sticks, room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar, vegan friendly
- 1 egg replacer; we used energy egg replacer and mixed 1 1/2 ts replacer with 2 tb of water
- 1 ts vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 jar of Pear Dark Chocolate Cinnamon Jam
Materials: Hand or stand mixer, spoon, baking sheet
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Beat together vegan butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Whisk together egg replacer according to brand’s instructions; then beat “egg” and vanilla extract into the butter and sugar mixture. Add flour, mix until incorporated and dough forms a ball.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls and arrange on the prepared baking sheet. Flatten balls slightly with your thumb or the back of a small spoon, leaving an indentation in the center.
- Bake cookies for 8 to 10 minutes or until bottoms are just barely golden. Remove baking sheet from oven. If indentations look shallow, further define them with the back of a spoon and then fill each with approximately 1/2 teaspoon of jam.
- Bake for an additional 3 to 4 minutes, or until jam melts slightly and edges of cookies are lightly golden. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool.