Honestly my favorite pickle to snack on that we preserve here at The Urban Canning Company is our Garlic Dill Habanero Cucumbers! Once I start on one spear it's hard not to eat the whole jar! Here are two fun and easy recipes that highlight this delicious pickled cuke!
To create the Dill Pickle Grilled Cheese you need:
- 2 pieces of sourdough bread
- 2 slices of cooked bacon
- 2 slices of smoked gouda cheese
- 2 slices of colby jack cheese
- 1/4 cup of spinach
- 1 Garlic Dill Habanero spear sliced into 3 thin length wise pieces
- Preheat a cast iron skillet on medium.
- Butter the outside pieces of sourdough bread.
- To build sandwich place 2 slices of gouda on slice of bread, top with spinach, bacon, pickles, then the 2 slices of colby jack and close sandwich up.
- Place bread butter side down onto cast iron skillet and cover. Cook about 5-8 minutes on each side, butter side down, checking often. Remember in between checks to cover back up! That helps the cheese to melt.
To create the Dill Pickle Deviled Eggs you need:
- 6 Hard boiled eggs completely cooled down
- 1/4 Cup of mayonnaise, we always use Duke's
- 2 Ts fresh dill minced
- 1/2 Ts Garlic Thyme Beer Mustard
- 1 Tb Garlic Dill Habanero Cucumber juice, from the jar
- 3 Tb Garlic Dill Habanero Cucumber pickles minced finely
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- Slice your hard boiled eggs length wise.
- Remove yolks and place into a mixing bowl.
- Add all other ingredients into the mixing bowl and blend together with a fork until smooth.
- Place filling into a piping bag and pipe into egg whites.
- Garnish with fresh dill and a slice of Garlic Dill Habanero Cucumber.