I'm sure you're like "Another salad recipe?!", but I just can't help myself guys! Each week we have a staff meal and I inevitably add a salad to the menu. The girls in the kitchen all told me that I'm the queen of salads, and that's just fine by me. Like I told you last time I can't stop nibbling on greens! In the fall and winter I like to add warm cozy flavors to my salads like sweet potato, butternut squash, pumpkin and pecans! For this salad I chose walnuts, fennel and our Caramel Apple + Sea Salt Jam. Now I know this jam is typically a sweet dessert style jam, but it makes such a unique and delicious vinaigrette!
To create the Celery + Fennel Salad with Caramel Apple Sea Salt Vinaigrette & Bacon you need:
- 6 Cups of baby mixed greens
- 1 bulb of fennel sliced thin (I used a mandolin)
- 2 sticks of celery sliced thin (I used a mandolin)
- 1 granny smith apple peeled, and sliced thin (I used a mandolin)
- 1/2 cup of roasted walnuts
- 1/2 pound of bacon fried and crumbled into bits
- 4 oz olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 2 tb of Caramel Apple + Sea Salt Jam
- In a large bowl add lettuce, fennel, celery, apple, walnuts and bacon. Toss!
- In one of my left over 1/2 pint mason jars I added the olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic clove, the leaves from the thyme sprigs and the Caramel Apple Sea Salt Jam. Then I put on the lid and shook it like crazy!
- Next I dressed the salad and tossed it again. Each person kinda likes a different amount of dressing so if you have left overs that's cool too!
- That's it! Enjoy! For me this salad served 5 of us in a normal sized salad bowl.