Last January during a trip up to Washington DC my Mom, daughter and I stopped in Savannah for dinner. We ended up at a place called Treylor Park. The menu was so fun! I ordered corn bread tacos with strawberry salsa and peanut butter + jelly wings!
When I saw that Big Spoon Roasters had launched a new nut butter that was spicy, I immediately wanted to try to make my own peanut butter and jelly wings only using jam!
I used our summer seasonal jam, Peppered Peach + Rosemary!
To create the wings you need:
- A dozen chicken drumettes or wings
- 3 TB Peanut Butter (I used Big Spoon Roasters Hot Peanut)
- 3 TB Jam or Jelly (I used our Peppered Peach Rosemary)
- 5 TB of ghee (My favorite ghee is from our local Indian store and the brand is Laxmi)
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- Preheat cast iron skillet to medium high.
- Add ghee and let it melt and fully heat up.
- Sprinkle wings with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fry wings in ghee until crispy on all sides.
- In a medium mixing bowl add wings.
- Add peanut butter, jam and stir well.
They are really that simple to make! Serve warm and enjoy folks!