Today we had our own little holiday morning in the kitchen when we made these Vegan Caramel Apple Waffles! They are such a decadent dessert style waffle and we all felt a little bit fancy eating them! I had never made waffles before so I wasn't sure what to expect. It turns out the entire process took around 20 minutes! So much easier than I had anticipated! Check out the recipe below to see how we made them.
To create the Vegan Caramel Apple Waffles you'll need:
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tb sugar
- 4 ts baking powder
- 1/4 ts salt
- 1 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tb apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup of Caramel Apple Sea Salt Jam
- Non-stick spray
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- In a small bowl add together almond milk, vinegar, and vegetable oil and stir.
- Slowly pour wet ingredients into dry ingredient bowl and stir until everything is well combined. Note: Waffle batter looks a little chunky and that's ok.
- Next add the Caramel Apple Sea Salt Jam and stir to combine.
- Spray the inside of your waffle iron with non-stick spray.
- Pour in 1/3 of waffle batter and close to cook for about 5 minutes or until your waffle iron signifies it's done! Continue until batter is finished. Should make 3 waffles.
- We topped ours with chocolate sauce, extra jam, fruit and powdered sugar! Enjoy!